Various religious people, who are involved in Christian evangelism, like Chick tracts because they are illustrated with cartoons. Though the artwork is good, Scripture reveals there are serious problems with Chick’s message. To be more exact, Chick tracts can be a dangerous deadly snare to souls as they teach, at least on occasion:
Chick’s teachings on those salvation related subjects are a spiritual pitfall to precious souls, for whom Jesus died. In Jack T. Chick’s so-called gospel tract “Just One More,” he addresses the dangers of drunkenness, but also has one of the clearest examples of the nauseating powerless easy believism message I have ever been disturbed by! In that Chick tract, the question is asked:
What do we have to do to be saved so we can go to heaven?
Chick’s answer is both putrid and spiritually dangerous, based on Scripture:
It’s so simple: just believe Jesus died for your sins, and that He rose from the dead, and receive Him as your personal Saviour. (https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1094/1094_01.asp)
Do that and, according to Jack T. Chick, you’re saved and your future is secure as he also says! In other words, you are guaranteed heaven after death, because of your moment of faith, with NO repentance and the theory of once saved always saved! You will go to heaven, he says! (See image to right.) To reap eternal life, according to the Bible, other truths must be considered! Should we all forget about the following:
- repent [turn from evil] or perish (Lk. 13:3,5; 2 Pet. 3:9; etc.),
- repent and believe the gospel (Mk. 1:15),
- repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21),
- enduring to the end to be saved (Mt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; Rev. 2:10,11),
- bringing forth fruit so you won’t be severed from Christ and thrown into fire (Jn. 15:1-6),
- the danger of becoming lukewarm and getting vomited out of the body of Christ (Rev. 3:16),
- holding on to what you have so no man will take your crown (Rev. 3:11),
- not disowning Jesus, for he will disown all who disown him (Mt. 10:33),
- sowing to please the Spirit to reap eternal life (Gal. 6:8,9),
- keeping yourself pure (1 Tim. 5:22)
Like so many others, Chick emphasizes God will never leave or forsake you, but ignores other related Scriptures! Note the following pertinent verse:
For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They [the faithful ones] will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off; (Psa 37:28)
Sometimes Chick will teach NO repentance for salvation, then mention being willing to turn from evil for salvation in the same booklet! He has a double message.
Chick’s Two Question Checklist
Chick also has his two-question checklist so a person can remember when God allegedly saved his soul. What are the vital salvation questions, according to Chick’s list?
Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for you?
Did you ask Him to come into your heart to save you?
Folks, demons know Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Also, you can teach a parrot to ask Jesus to come into his heart! The truth is, we must turn from our idols to serve God (1 Thess. 1:9). Turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus was Paul’s message (Acts 20:21). Also, the Lord Jesus didn’t make salvation as easy or guaranteed as Jack Chick:
Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Mat 7:21)
He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” (Luke 8:21)
Chick’s salvation teachings are actually counterproductive to Christian evangelism based on the aforementioned. Why? Because they misinform the readers about salvation. His easy believism and once saved always saved messages are soul poison. That is enough to never use them again, but there is even more reason why Chick booklets should be rejected!
Chick’s KJV Onlyism
Jack T. Chick promotes the absurd, outlandish and indefensible KJV Onlyism concept with propaganda and distortions! The truth is the modern reputable translations reveal the deity of Christ more than the King James Bible, though Chick teaches otherwise! (See Chick’s booklet, The Attack below.) Moreover, the modern reputable translations do NOT downplay the virgin birth or salvation through grace! Jack Chick is clearly wrong. If Jack T. Chick had his way, dear reader, you would be unsuccessfully struggling to understand the incomprehensible and frustrating archaic Elizabethan language of the 17th century used by William Shakespeare! You would also view all of the modern reputable translations as tools of the devil, since Chick thinks only the KJV is the word of God! If you get deceived by Jack T. Chick in that way, you will confront various KJV translational errors and the dozens of KJV words which changed their meanings since the 17th century! That alone will give one a distorted view of God’s truth. A few examples are:
- Gay clothing (James 2:3, KJV) but such is NOT homosexual clothing, as people might think in our day. It is clothing worn by the rich, as shown in the modern reputable translations.
- God repents of evil (Jonah 3:10, KJV) and is very pitiful (James 5:11, KJV). This is a blasphemous misrepresentation of the all-knowing God taken at face value!
- Jesus was “slew,” then hung on a tree (Acts 5:30; 10:39, KJV)! Even children know David “slew” (or killed) Goliath with a slingshot and stone. If people understand the KJV word “slew” in those verses from Acts to mean the same, then they interpret the KJV to say Jesus was dead BEFORE he was nailed to the cross! Furthermore the word “slew” is used repeatedly in the KJV New Testament and understood as “kill” (Mt. 2:16; 22:6; 23:35; Lk. 13:4; Acts 22:20; 1 John 3:12)! Again, to think Jesus was killed before he was nailed to the cross is a MAJOR heresy in the KJV, which is supposed to be God’s inspired, only and preserved word!
Chick tracts propagate all the above deceptions. Furthermore, Chick’s KJV only propaganda denies the 1611 KJV had the demonic Apocrypha in it, that Erasmus was a Catholic monk who never left Catholicism and dedicated the first edition of the Textus Receptus to the Pope, etc.! Chick teaches the Textus Receptus is non-Catholic, but that too is a fallacy!
In summary, to the detriment of souls, the fictional Chick tracts, with quality artwork, are read and distributed as though they are absolute truth and straight from God! That is VERY SAD because their DECEIVING message is sometimes far from reality and deadly! Chick tracts are NOT always Biblically sound and can be counterproductive to God’s kingdom. They should NOT be used in evangelism or taken as factual. You have been warned!